Montag, März 05, 2007

Music, Arts and Architecture

London is - obviously - all of that. Probably you are bored by Fosters Mega-Phallus already, but its the spot where I always board the nationalexpress-bus to Cambridge, so I just had to click it. Julia's room at the college there is somehow my home right now. Thanks for always welcoming me in your room there, sweeety!

The current examples for music and arts will hopefully be new to you. Somehow London HAS to fulfill the trendsetter-expectations: The 'black lips' and the Islington Art Fair.
So far when I stay in London during the week I can luckily sleep in Jo (a friend of my sister) and Teresa (his sister) 's apartment next to Euston Station. Thanks a lot for the great hospitality!

Last week Teresa invited me for the concert of the 'black lips' - an upcoming alternative band from Atlanta - at 'Bardens Boudoir' a unpretentious and very hip pub in the far north-east. Great show and funny music, some of which can be found here as well. A great evening anyways.
The Islington Art Fair is in an old factory in a tiny little road, and I discovered it by accident when I visited Manja during an open space discussion at the hub, not far from tube 'Angel'. Some interesting mirror arts, great comics and this picture or installation featuring liquid colour.

Keine Kommentare: